Haralson County's population increased steadily during the first two decades of the twentieth century. The county's population in 1910 was 13,514, a 13.4 percent increase from 1900. Population growth continued during the 1910s, though more slowly, and reached 14,440 in 1920.
Improved acres in farms increased from 48,921 acres in 1900 to 59,645 acres in 1910. The number of farms increased from 1,517 to 1,925 while average size declined to 77.3 acres. The tenancy rate was 48.9 percent. By 1910 cotton had supplanted corn as the leading crop in acres planed, 21,838 acres to 16,512. Oats accounted for only 1,854 acres; hay and forage, 1,018 acres; and what only 822 acres. The 1910 census reported 80,358 fruit trees in the county, mostly apple and peach.
The most notable change in agricultural production was the dramatic demise of the grape-wine venture in the county. What had been an exclamation point in the agricultural statistics of 1900 was just a whisper in 1910. The 1910 census reported only 8.978 vines in the county and a production of only 23,876 pounds of grapes- just 1.5 percent of the 1900 production and less production than 40 other Georgia counties. The vineyards generally did not prove profitable to the many nonresident owners, and the passage of a state prohibition act in 1907 effectively put the wineries out of business as of January 1, 1908. Consequently, the vineyards disappeared as rapidly as they had appeared a decade earlier.
By the end of the 1910s, improved land in farms had increased to 66,009 acres. The number of farms increased to 2,068 and size declined to an average of 68.2 acres. According to the 1920 census, 24,123 acres were planted in cotton and 20,483 in corn in 1919. Hay and forage accounted for 3,874 acres and wheat and oats combined, only 1,112 acres.
Probably the most significant development in manufacturing during this period was the establishment of the Tallapoosa Cotton Mill in 1908. Even with this new industry, net gains in manufacturing from 1900 to 1920 were modest. The 1920 census reported 39 manufacturing establishments in Haralson County employing an average of 360 persons. These figures are virtually the same as those reported in 1890.
The City of Tallapoosa easily remained the largest community in the county. With the demise of the grape-wine industry, population declined slightly to 2,117 in 1910. The establishment of the Tallapoosa Cotton Mill late in the decade spurred renewed modest growth, however, and during the 1910s the population increased 28.4 percent to 2,719 in 1920.
Bremen's population jumped 2.5.8 percent from 1900 to 1910, when it reached 890. This large increase was due in part to a 300 percent increase in the incorporated area when the town was reincorporated as the City of BRemen on August 20, 1906. At that time, the corporate limits became 1,400 yards in every direction from where the Central of Georgia Railroad crossed the Southern Railroad. With no additional increase in area, the city's population increased only to 917 by 1920. During this period, Bremen's main industry was the Mandeville Oil Mills, which made oil and meal from cotton seed.
On December 13, 1902, Buchanan was also incorporated as a city, but with no change in corporate limits. The city's population reached 462 in 1910, a 28.7 percent increase from 1900, and reached 491 in 1920. Waco's population remained fairly stable during this period but remained below its 1890 population. Waco's population in 1910 was 326, and in 1920 it was 333. On August 16, 1915, Waco's corporate limits were extended from one-half to five-eighths of a mile in every direction from the Methodist Protestant Church.
As of Jaunary 1917, there were six post offices in Haralson County. They were at Tallapoosa, Bremen, Buchanan, Waco, Draketown, and Felton.