Haralson County Historical Society -- Constitution
CONSTITUTION AND PURPOSE
Haralson County Historical Society, Inc.
The original basic purpose of the Haralson County Historical Society was to save to Old Haralson County Courthouse from demolition, and thus preserve an important part of our heritage. This remains one of our primary goals; additional related purposes include to:
1. Discover, collect, and preserve all significant materials relating to our local history, adjacent areas, and other areas which have significance to us.
2. Promote the preservation of significant historic sites and historic facilities.
3. Promote historic research, especially research related to our history, including education, other civic and cultural affairs, religious affairs, family histories, and other related matters.
4. Promote the publications and availability through all possible means of all the information related to our purposes for the education and information of our people.
5. Promote the public interest and appreciation of our heritage, with emphasis on those aspects of our heritage designed to preserve and renew or positive basic values essential to the perpetuation of the good life.
6. Bring together people who have interest in our objectives, and to find ways to increase the interest of our people in these vital objectives.
7. Give special attention to those aspects of our culture which will help build strong families and future leaders in our society.